Now they're cruising by...Good week overall. Wanted to get one more swim in then I did, but I just have to stay consistent and get at least two in each week.
Monday I worked a half day then decided to get a long bike ride in. I rode up to the North Branch Trail in the forest preserve north of Chicago and rode up until the trail was flooded out. Ended up doing 37 miles
in 2hr and 22 min. Average speed of 15mph. Had the wind at my back on the way up and in my face the way back. It felt ok because it was really hot, about 90. My legs felt good after but I was a little worn out from the sun.
Tuesday got a swim in about 30min easy pace. Wednesday took the day off. Thursday did a 5 mile run 47min HRZ 2 and a 25 min easy swim. Friday did some weights and core exercise.
Saturday was a 5.5 mi run HRZ 1 with the group. Really hot and sweaty run. I may have to start the group runs earlier to beat the heat.
Today finished up the week with a 10 mi run in 1:36 avg pace 9:31. Started slow and steady and was feeling a little stiff this morning but it was so nice and cool that I kept pushing through. Really hit my stride at miles 6-7 and pushed the pace for a while then brought it back down for the last couple.
Looking forward to next week...maybe I'll hit the open water.
No comments:
Post a Comment