Saturday, May 21, 2011

First swim

Wednesday I had a really good power and plyometric workout. I did 4 sets of pushups x10, situps x10,
then plyo jumps 10 (front then side to side).  Right into 5 min rounds of kicks and boxing, then
 6 power sprints with weights.

Took the day off Thursday...really sore. Full recovery.

Friday did my first swim this season. Felt really good. I was worried that I would get completely winded the first lap so I went out slow and kept slow/med tempo for about 20 min. Worked on breathing on both sides and keeping my head looking down.

Today with the running group we did some interval runs at the track. Started with 1 mile easy warmup then into 2 laps slightly pushed, 2 laps-1/2 lap 5k pace 1/2 recovery, 2 laps 1/4 sprint 1/4 easy 1/4 sprint 1/4 walk, 2 laps 1/2's, 1 mile cool down.
Felt really good. The  whole group kicked but today.

No comments:

Post a Comment