Monday, May 16, 2011

The Beginning

Success is the journey, and this is my journey to my first Olympic distance triathlon.

I have completed sprint distance and may running and cycling races, but being a weak swimmer I am challenging myself to complete the longer distance this year. I am signed up for the Niles, MI race on September 11th 2011. This gives me four months to get my self in race shape.

Currently I am running about 3 time a week. Normally 2 short runs around 3-5 miles with one longer run on the weekend 8-10 miles. I am also biking 6 miles round trip six days a week to work and have been doing one long ride every other week 25 miles. No swimming yet.

 I just purchased a wetsuit today and am looking forward to getting in the water even though it is still really cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment