Thursday, August 11, 2011

3 Weeks Out

  It's been a little while since I updated the blog, but I got a little tired of writing out all the workouts and just did them instead. The training has been going really good. I am feeling confident with everything except the swim.
I have been getting two swims a week in the lake, but still have not done a full mile in open water. I only swam that distance once in a pool with some breaks, so the full distance in open water is just out of my reach at the moment. I still have a bit of time.
  Next week is scheduled as my peak week which means lots of miles. I am both looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I know that I can get all the workouts in but I will be wiped. Just have to take it day by day.
  One interesting note to my training program is my food intake. I feel like all that I do is eat and I am hungry again in 20 minutes. You have to fuel the fun!

This weekend is the half marathon for my run group. I am going to pace the group to the finish line. This is a huge achievement for these runners all going from 3-4 miles a few months ago to 13.1 on Sunday. It just goes to show that you that you can do anything you set your mind to with a good plan and lots of hard work.

This weekend is the half marathon for my run club. I am excited to pace my group to the finish line. This is a huge achievement for these runners. I am proud to have coached them from 2-3 miles just a few months ago to 13.1 on Sunday. Just goes to show that you can do anything you set your mind to with a good plan and lots of hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment